Re: [linux-audio-dev] sound cancelation with anti-sound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] sound cancelation with anti-sound
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 17:18:43 EEST

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 12:12:38PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> www.quietpc.com - I have thier powersupply which is good, can't speak for
> anyhitng else.

I have a PSU from them and also a CPU fan for my PIII which is drastically
quieter than what I had before. My hard drives are now the loudest thing
by far, and these are relatively recent drives which I chose
partly because of reputation for quietness. (IBM Deskstar and I forget
what the other is - I'll look it up if anyone wants details.)

The drives have much less annoying whine than my "old" maxtor & seagate
4 GB drives, but the clicky noises (is that seeking?) are still
quite audible. Anyway, it's down to the point where I can listen to
music in the room with the PC and not feel like there's a huge
blanket over the sound.

--PW