Re: [linux-audio-dev] New soundapp site discussion

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New soundapp site discussion
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 18:09:34 EEST

Nick Bailey wrote:

> It'd be really good to have a shiny, new audio apps site, but
> the thing about Dave's One Page is the content... It might
> be venerable, but it's bang up-to-date (afaik) and I
> certainly regard it as authoritative.
>
> I suggest you really need Dave on board, and to cooperate
> with him in importing all the data he has amassed already.

Hi, Nick:

  No fear, Paul's work certainly has my blessing. I'll probably always
maintain some version of my site, but his project is a much-needed
enhancement to what I've been doing. We've been keeping in close touch
about what he's doing, and I'll be very happy to see the final results
of his efforts.

  The biggest difference between his work and mine is that his is being
designed as a community-supported effort, i.e., the community will
provide much of the visible content in the form of user evaluations,
anouncements, and other feedback. It may be argude that I'm doing that
already, but that's the whole point: Paul's design will shift the
primary content maintenance to the developer and user communities,
instead of relying upon the work of just one person.

> Just my 2p :)

  Now, is that in Euros or ... ? ;)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org

Currently listening to: "O virdissima virga" (Hildegard von Bingen)