Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] seriously screwed up Gtk installation ?FOLLOW-UP

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] seriously screwed up Gtk installation ?FOLLOW-UP
From: rm (async_AT_cc.gatech.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 08:20:16 EEST

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 03:05:09PM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> new disk and just install a new distro. That will be this week's new fun
> thing to do, and I can guarantee the next distro will not be Red Hat.

now, it doesn't terribly matter to me what distribution you use [1],
but to be fair, i don't think redhat figured in to the issues you were
having one way or another. :D
                good luck,
                 rob

[1] there are lots of good distributions out there. if you have some
time, i recommend building one from scratch once or twice just to
understand how all the pieces fit together. if you have a copy of
vmware or user-mode-linux, doing this sort of thing is quite fun and
easy. http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Bootdisk-HOWTO/ has information on how
to build boot disks which can serve as an introduction to exactly
what's necessary to get a system running.

----
Robert Melby
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: async_AT_cc.gatech.edu