Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] seriously screwed up Gtk installation ?FOLLOW-UP

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] seriously screwed up Gtk installation ?FOLLOW-UP
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 17:55:32 EEST

rm wrote:

> now, it doesn't terribly matter to me what distribution you use,
> but to be fair, i don't think redhat figured in to the issues you were
> having one way or another. :D

Well, yes and no. My troubles began when RH's 2.96 compiler gave me fits
over compiling MusE (briefly: it was impossible) so I downgraded to an
official GCC 2.95.3. Things started going south not long afterwards: I
still haven't got amSynth to run and I can't recompile either Glib or
Gtk. So no thanks to RH for deciding to be the only kid on the block
with the 2.96 ball.

OTOH, (and as you say, to be fair), MusE apparently does now compile
under 2.96 so I'm wondering whether the path of least resistance is to
simply reinstall RH 7.2 on this machine and plan on a Debian install to
a new disk.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org