Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio Live Use

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio Live Use
From: Scott Kellogg (scott_AT_kiva.net)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 00:16:37 EEST

> FWIW the nord editor almost works under wine, its not really useful yet,
> but better than it was. I'm rebooting to run the editor, which is a pain.

Yes, I had it almost working, too. It was a little bit sad to see it in
the WINE window. Getting the Nord Modular editor over to Linux would be
quite swell, but I don't see it happening.

> I would recommend SpiralSynthModular, its a bit higher level than pd, and
> using LADSPA plugins in it is easier.

I've installed this, and it looks quite nice. I haven't had time to look
at the documentation, though. Can you map external MIDI messages to SSM
controls?

/Scott

--
"And it is also said," answered Frodo:
"Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they
will say both no and yes."