[linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio Live Use

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio Live Use
From: Scott Kellogg (scott_AT_kiva.net)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 23:25:19 EEST

Hello, list people.

I am a digital audio enthusiast just getting started with sound
programming. I do web development under Linux with Perl and PHP at work,
but C and C++ are outside my realm of experience.

I am keenly interested in performing improvised ambient with a notebook
computer running Linux and free software, possibly with some sort of hardware
MIDI controller to get at the innards of the application.

There are various products (Reaktor, Nord Modular, MAX/MSP) that would be
suited to this task, but I would like to understand what is happening at a
very low level and have that inform my creative process.

Is anyone on this list doing this sort of thing? I would love to hear from
you.

Thank you,
Scott Kellogg

--
"And it is also said," answered Frodo:
"Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they
will say both no and yes."