Re: [linux-audio-dev] dynamic linking

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] dynamic linking
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 13:28:00 EEST

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Martijn Sipkema wrote:

> Then my question is, wouldn't it be possible for the ALSA library to not use
> global symbols from its dynamically loaded libraries? That would make
> from a library loaded with RTLD_LOCAL possible right?

Possible, yes, but that would mean that all ALSA plugins would have to be
implemented without the support framework offered by libasound. In
practise this would mean duplicating libasound code in each and
every plugin, which I think is a terribly bad idea.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!