Re: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] SuperClonider
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 20:05:01 EEST

>I do not have anything against Linux and I am not an Apple robot/zombie.
>It has taken me some time to get SC ported to MacOSX. I'm still not done
>with that. I have always said that after that I would look at a linux
>port. I would like to do that.

James: you may want to consider taking a look at JACK
(http://jackit.sf.net/) if and when you do this. JACK and CoreAudio
share the same basic design principles, and remove just about every
aspect of dealing with audio hardware from your application while at
the same time using a callback/interrupt-driven style of programming.
The API is pretty different, but thats really just a detail.

--p