Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 v0.1.5 released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 v0.1.5 released
From: Stefan Westerfeld (stefan_AT_space.twc.de)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 22:16:43 EEST

   Hi!

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 01:10:42PM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> What I really fear is that an app may be so KDE/GNOME specific that it
> won't run outside of those environments. AFAIC, this is a loss, and it
> forces users into using an entire environment for a single application.
> For users running machines with restricted resources the choice may not
> be feasible at all.

But well, this doesn't seem to be something to worry about. I've yet to see
any developer who says that KDE applications should require a complete KDE
to run. Any KDE application should run just fine without KDE, and the goal
is to keep it that way.

   Cu... Stefan

--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan_AT_space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany