Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 18:21:08 EEST

On Sat, 11 May 2002, Likai Liu wrote:

> Please consider my proposal for array extension of the LADSPA:

As the one who encouraged to "show the code", I feel obliged to give at
least some feedback, but I'm afraid it's not very positive this time. The
proposal itself looks fine, but I'm not sure how much interest this gets
from developers of current LADSPA hosts.

For instance ecasound's own plugin system (on top of which LADSPA plugins
are mapped) doesn't support arrays, so it would be a major change to add
support for this feature. On the other hand ecasound already has a
mechanisms in place for representing envelopes (sequences of control data
changes) and large parameter sets (ecasound plugins can change their
parameter interface dynamically during runtime).

So this is my view on the issue. Let's see what other people think...

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!