Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 19:24:35 EEST

>>I'm afraid it would. You need to think about this some more. In any
>>given unit of time, a certain number of samples are transformed into a
>>varying air pressure wave. What matters is the relation between those
>>samples and the original source material. The number of them remains
>>the same per unit of time whether the signal is altered or not.
>>
>It is simple: I have m number of samples, and I want n number of samples
>back.

Then you're not talking about real-time ("streaming")
processing. You're talking about processing, say, a static file to
pitch shift it. LADSPA can support this, but as you note, there's no
way for the host to ask the plugin "are you done yet?", so its hard
(but not impossible) to do correctly.

VST offers this, though its normally not implemented correctly :)

--p