Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 01:12:24 EEST

Richard writes:

>Its certainly possible - but the problem with LADSPA is the host-centric
>buffer management. Though you could add a callback asking for the output
>buffer size.

[ then in a later message ]

>architecture. I.e. you can do lots of things with LADSPA already - you
>dont need the 10001th API function for special purposes (this seems to
>be the way Jack is going ATM, unfortunately), just use what is there.

So what's it to be? We add useful (perhaps even necessary) API
functions, or we don't to avoid people thinking that our trajectory is
"unfortunate"? :))

If you can understand how to do the things that the later JACK API
functions do (transport control and latency management) without new
API functions, or how to make do without these features, please let us
know.

--p