Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Specs ?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 19:11:20 EEST

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:59:29 -0400, Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> On Mon, 13 May 2002, Steve Harris wrote:
>
> > I nominate array port types, defaults, port units, proper metadata, a gui
> > standard and timestamped events for inclusion. ;)
>
> What are port units?

dB, Hz, octaves, meters, seconds etc.

Preferably from a controlled vocab, but I could be persuaded that free
text strings are a good alternative/addition. Alternativly it could be in
the plugin metadata, but that would make operation depend on metadata,
which is bad practice.

I think they will make port labels less cluttered, and make for better
looking host provided guis.

    <port label="gain" dir="input" type="control">
      <name>Amps gain (dB)</name>
      <range min="-70" max="+70"/>
    </port>

    v's

    <port label="gain" dir="input" type="control" units="dB">
      <name>Amps gain</name>
      <range min="-70" max="+70"/>
    </port>

- Steve