[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA v1.1

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA v1.1
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat May 18 2002 - 22:06:31 EEST

Well, it had to get to the top of my to-do list eventually. I've been trying
to sort [1] the LADSPA website [2] LADSPA v1.1.

On the first point, I'm missing links to LCP and the XML GUI thing. Also, if
there are any plugins or hosts that should be on the list please shout (I
have added a few that people have told me about but I've not posted the new
index onto the web yet).

On the second point, here's a set of diffs for the new version of ladspa.h.
Do these look alright? I'd have preferred to put the default values in the
hint structure, but that would have changed its size and broken
backwards-compatibility.

3,4c3,4
< Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plugin API Version 1.0[LGPL].
< Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Richard W.E. Furse, Paul Barton-Davis,

---
>    Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plugin API Version 1.1[provisional,
LGPL].
>    Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Richard W.E. Furse, Paul Barton-Davis,
75c75,78
<    value although it may have a preferred range (see hints below). */
---
>    value although it may have a preferred range (see hints below).
>
>    For audio it is generally assumed that 1.0f is the `0dB' reference
>    amplitude and is a `normal' signal level. */
215c218
<    conjunction with any other hint. */
---
>    conjunction with any other hint except LADSPA_HINT_HAS_DEFAULT. */
238a242,250
> /* Hint LADSPA_HINT_HAS_DEFAULT indicates that a suggested default
>    value is available for the port. If this is the case then the
>    default value is present in the PortDefaultValues in the main
>    LADSPA_Descriptor structure. Ports with defaults must still be
>    connected by the host in the normal way. Default values are not
>    affected by the LADSPA_HINT_SAMPLE_RATE hint. Default values were
>    introduced in LADSPA v1.1. */
> #define LADSPA_HINT_HAS_DEFAULT   0x40

244a257
> #define LADSPA_IS_HINT_HAS_DEFAULT(x)   ((x) & LADSPA_HINT_HAS_DEFAULT)
467a481,487

>   /* This optional pointer indicates an array of hint `default'
>      values. This pointer should only be read when required by a
>      LADSPA_HINT_HAS_DEFAULT hint for a port. See the hint for further
>      details. Entries are referenced by port index (from 0 to
>      PortCount-1). Default values were introduced in LADSPA v1.1. */
>   const LADSPA_Data * PortDefaultValues;

--Richard