[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] New LADSPA filter from cookbook formulae

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] New LADSPA filter from cookbook formulae
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 20:09:28 EEST

Hi,

As suggested by Paul Davis in the Moog VCF thread, I implemented the
biquad filters found in

http://www.harmony-central.com/Computer/Programming/Audio-EQ-Cookbook.txt

and a simple resonant lowpass by Paul Kellett as LADSPA plugins:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mana/kalsatools-current/vcf-0.0.3.tar.bz2

Two .so files will be built: vcf.so has single audio input and output.
vcf_cv_in.so has additional audio rate inputs for frequency-, resonance-
and dBgain control. These ports need not be used by the host. In this case
the host should init them with NULL. The plugin will interpret a NULL
pointer as unused audio port.

I updated my host AlsaModularSynth and added an example for the new
filters (example_ladspa_vcf_cv_in.ams)

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mana/kalsatools-current/ams-1.2.0_pre5.tar.bz2

The lower and upper bounds of some control parameters may still need some
refinement. Suggestions ?

When playing with the filters, the spectrum analyzer KWaveView might be
helpful. BTW KWaveView does not require KDE...

Have fun !

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni