Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT CPU Fans

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OT CPU Fans
From: Sebastien Metrot (meeloo_AT_noos.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 03:37:49 EEST

Hi, I just racked my main PC yesterday and i'm very happy with the result.
The 19" standard rack cost me 220 euros and it cut the PC noise by at least
60 to 70%! My machine is a Bi PIII 933 with 3 HDs, a GeForce 3 et all PCI
ports used. It didn't made the procesors temperature change too (i was a bit
concerned about that too). They stay at ~42°C most of the time! I think this
is the best investment I've done on the noise front, well before my silent
power suply, the 2 so called silent Fan of my procs and the "silent" towers
I tried previously!

Hope this helps...

Sebastien