Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] OT CPU Fans

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] OT CPU Fans
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 15:31:12 EEST

With Athlons in my experience (including the XP) it's not that they
all generate more heat, it's the speed at which they burn out if your
fan dies or isn't cool enough. I know more than 5 people who have
lost athlons to heat, 2 of them to fans that were not cool enough, and
the other 3 or 4 to fans that stop working.

I'm not sure if they use smaller power runs in the die, but something
they did has caused them to be more sensitive to heat than the Intel
chips.