Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 16:58:20 EEST

>Hey,
>
>I set out to package ladspa_sdk into an rpm for the upcoming GStreamer
>Red-Carpet channel.
>
>So here are a few questions :
>
>a) any special reason why it doesn't use autotools ? Would my converting
>ladspa to it be appreciated ?
>
>b) ladspa_sdk is probably the first package I ever downloaded that makes
>no mention of it's version ;) I think I have 1.11, that's what it says in
>docs/overview.html. Any reason why the version number isn't in the
>package itself ?

its *extremely* important not to confuse the source code available
from ladspa.org with the API defined by the single header file called
ladpsa.h.

the cmt plugin set is just one set of sample plugins. they are useful,
but they are not "LADSPA".

there is no packaging to be done for a LADSPA SDK - this is
misconception i've seen here a few times. LADSPA is completely defined
by the header file, and nothing else (at this time).

assuming richard has no objections, feel free to produce a package for
the CMT plugin set, but don't call it "LADSPA".

--p