Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA
From: Thomas Vander Stichele (thomas_AT_urgent.rug.ac.be)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 17:01:35 EEST

> its *extremely* important not to confuse the source code available
> from ladspa.org with the API defined by the single header file called
> ladpsa.h.

> the cmt plugin set is just one set of sample plugins. they are useful,
> but they are not "LADSPA".

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I'm not even talking about CMT yet, I just want to
package the header file, the sample plug-ins and the sample tools, all
contained in ladspa_sdk.tgz

So at this time I'm only asking questions about that - and my main
question is, why isn't the version number in the name of that tarball ?
obviously, since it's at 1.11 (at least, I think it is ;) ) it changes
from time to time. Or was 1.11 the first version of it ?

> there is no packaging to be done for a LADSPA SDK - this is
> misconception i've seen here a few times. LADSPA is completely defined
> by the header file, and nothing else (at this time).

All a matter of taste I guess. I like to keep my mixing of source and
package installs to a minimum, so I rather want to take time in packaging
up these sample plugins and apps and the header file instead of doing this
one thing by source.
In any case, if I'm going to package up everything that uses the ladspa
sdk, like other plug-ins, I need to make a package for the sdk as well.

> assuming richard has no objections, feel free to produce a package for
> the CMT plugin set, but don't call it "LADSPA".

ok, is just CMT a good name for it then ? That'll be phase 2.

Thomas

--

The Dave/Dina Project : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/ <-*- -*-> I'm gonna turn on you before you turn on me <-*- thomas_AT_apestaart.org -*-> URGent, the best radio on the Internet - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/