Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 20:52:30 EEST

> >I set out to package ladspa_sdk into an rpm for the upcoming GStreamer
> >Red-Carpet channel.
>
> its *extremely* important not to confuse the source code available
> from ladspa.org with the API defined by the single header file called
> ladpsa.h.
>
> the cmt plugin set is just one set of sample plugins. they are useful,
> but they are not "LADSPA".
>
> there is no packaging to be done for a LADSPA SDK - this is
> misconception i've seen here a few times. LADSPA is completely defined
> by the header file, and nothing else (at this time).

Right but that does not mean it cannot (or should not) be
packaged. A package with just that header file and any docs
that come with it would do. I do have one for ladspa as part
of the planet ccrma set of rpms but I did not at the time
split the binary examples that come with it. Will do that in
the next version, that's a good point.

-- Fernando