Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: API for audio across network - inter-host audio routing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: API for audio across network - inter-host audio routing
From: Bob Ham (node_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 04:51:45 EEST

This prompted me to look at my course notes, and here's a quote:

"A patent may be granted for an invention only if
following conditions are satisfied:

" The invention is new;
" It involves an inventive step;
" It is capable of industrial application;
" The grant for a patent for it is not excluded by
subsections (2) and (3) below...

The exclusions referred to include:

" A scheme, rule or method for performing any mental
act, playing a game or doing business, or a program
for a computer;
" However, the Act only applies to a patent or
application for a patent relating to a thing _as such_."

I don't know what else they can patent; I certainly wouldn't imagine a
protocol would be patentable. I hope there's not something else.

Any other people in the UK know anything about this?

Bob

--
Bob Ham: bob_AT_ham.org  http://pkl.net/~node/

My music: http://mp3.com/obelisk_uk GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org/