Re: [linux-audio-dev] De-interleaving

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] De-interleaving
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 08:31:39 EEST

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 06:11:52PM -0400, rm wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 04:42:55PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > Something's odd here...
> > I'm trying to de-interleave the stereo output from sfront
> > into discrete channel buffers suitable for jack. Everything's
> > fine when number of channels = 1; but when it's 2, it seems
> > that I get the left channel in both outputs. I've confirmed
> > that the left and right outputs are different when running
> > with oss audio output instead of jack.
>
> do you have an .asoundrc, and are you telling jack to use a hardware
> card? (do you get the message about using the plug layer or whatever)?
>
> the invocation should be something along the lines of
> jackd -R -d alsa -d card0
> or whatever the name its given in the asoundrc

I'm using a hardware device. I'm doing:

$ jackd -d alsa -d Delta66

and in .asoundrc:

pcm.Delta66 {
        type hw
        card 1
}

ctl.Delta66 {
        type hw
        card 1
}

One more thing: I just ran my mono-output test and I was able to
successfully connect to any of the delta's analog outputs.
So it looks like the jack port connection code works, at least
for the first channel it connects. Hmmm.. I'm starting to
suspect that maybe I've somehow connected all the output
ports to the same buffer.

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"