Re: [linux-audio-dev] De-interleaving

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] De-interleaving
From: rm (async_AT_cc.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 01:11:52 EEST

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 04:42:55PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Something's odd here...
> I'm trying to de-interleave the stereo output from sfront
> into discrete channel buffers suitable for jack. Everything's
> fine when number of channels = 1; but when it's 2, it seems
> that I get the left channel in both outputs. I've confirmed
> that the left and right outputs are different when running
> with oss audio output instead of jack.

do you have an .asoundrc, and are you telling jack to use a hardware
card? (do you get the message about using the plug layer or whatever)?

the invocation should be something along the lines of
jackd -R -d alsa -d card0
or whatever the name its given in the asoundrc

        rob

----
Robert Melby
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: async_AT_cc.gatech.edu