Re: [linux-audio-dev] Buffering idea

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Buffering idea
From: rm (async_AT_cc.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 19:57:24 EEST

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 05:44:34PM +0100, nick.copeland_AT_ntlworld.com wrote:
> When was the patent submitted? Regarding whether you can still use
> caching, if you can prove prior implementation of a product or
> concept in any given patent, then case law should allow you to
> use it without being in direct infringment of that patent.

yeah but you also have to have a load of money if push comes to
litigation.

btw, the patent (5,811,706) was filed in '97.

i still like my idea better. i want to see if AI can be held liable.
:D

                        rob

----
Robert Melby
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: async_AT_cc.gatech.edu