Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Defaults via RDF

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Defaults via RDF
From: Torben Hohn (torbenh_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 00:31:32 EEST

---
Torben Hohn  --- torbenh_AT_gmx.de
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Harris" <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
To: <linux-audio-dev_AT_music.columbia.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 10:42 AM

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 05:11:06 +0200, Torben Hohn wrote: > > Please leave the default hints in the native-API. I only want an instatiated > > plugin to produce sound. > > Which is generally not the case when my defaults are 0 :-( > > No, well thats what were trying to fix. it is definatly a problem. > > > I consider XML to be bloat. > > I don't think you understand the process, the XML is just parsed, the info > you wnt extracted, then you can either leave the data lying around or > free() it.

Well i consider the big parsers the bloat... XML is a great idea.

My primary problem were the control ports initilaized to zero. solution for this are your default hints. I did not think of plugin classification exchange etc. when i wrote the mail

And i also thought you wanted to remove the default hints from the plugins. To implement support for them is some hours work. Thats really nice.

> > Its not significantly different to using ASCII, you still need to store > the same data.

yep... i have had a day to think about all this. By now I think I like your approach. I think i will use it for native galan plugins, too.

So you say i can implement support for the default hints ???