Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Defaults via RDF

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Defaults via RDF
From: Nelson Posse Lago (lago_AT_that.com.br)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 11:20:51 EEST

On Fri, Jul 19 2002 at 08:00:41pm +0200, Vincent Touquet wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 11:56:02AM +1000, Conrad Parker wrote:
> >only problem is its GPL ...
>
> Just being curious here, I'm not a religious GPL fan,
> but what are the problems with the code being GPL ?

All hosts that want to use the library must be released with a
GPL-compatible license, which means "any license that doesn't pose
restrictions beyond those of the GPL". These are usually the LGPL and the
modified BSD license (and the GPL itself). In practice, the whole program
can only be distributed according to the terms of the GPL. This can "put
off" some developers. OTOH, this encourages adoption of the GPL ;-) .

See ya,
Nelson

--
I will live forever or die trying!!!