Re: [linux-audio-dev] App intercomunication issues, some views.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] App intercomunication issues, some views.
From: Richard Bown (bownie_AT_bownie.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 17:07:30 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> because the transport time is the only important global time it indicates
> what you should be playing/doing right now.

But of course at the moment we've also got the ALSA sequencer clock running
to schedule our MIDI alongside our JACK callbacks - so external control of
our audio streams (RG as a client) wouldn't really make much sense unless
we could do the same to our MIDI.

To begin with it would make more sense the other way though - potentially acting
as the master to other JACK clients. So let me get this straight, if we're running
as master we just define the current transport position (in terms of frames) and
other clients interpret it as they see. We also define the frame of reference -
our local transport zero becomes the JACK "network" zero?