RE: [linux-audio-dev] Playing wavs within OpenGL Performer withou t delay

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Playing wavs within OpenGL Performer withou t delay
From: STEFFL, ERIK (SBCSI) ("STEFFL,)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 18:31:00 EEST

  the fork should definitely help, are you sure you are doing that
correctly? Aren't you waiting for child or something like that? should be
something like this:

  pid = fork();

  if(pid==0) { /* this is kid */
    doAudioStuff();
    exit(0);
  }
  /* parent */
  possibly check the status of kid...

  the other option is to use threads (on linux there's not much difference
(performance wise) between thread and forking another process)

        erik