Re: [linux-audio-dev] cdparanoia

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] cdparanoia
From: Nick Bailey (n.j.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 10:48:02 EEST

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

>Most probably I will check the software coming to editor side, but
>somebody else should look at cdparanoia. Has anyone tested how those
>new "do not work on CD-ROM devices" audio CDs works with cdparanoia?
>
>They put uncorrectable digital errors to those new audio CDs.
>Those errors are so severe that an audio interpolation/restoration
>algorithms are needed.

This is of course a gross abuse of the rights of the purchaser to "fair
use", and I hope that people, especially readers of this list, would no
more think of buying them than they would of supporting, e.g., the
Microsoft monopoly. In fact, if you have any such CDs, I urge you to
return them as faulty and get a refund.

Nick/

--
Dr Nick Bailey                              n.j.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk
Centre for Music Technology                 http://cmt.gla.ac.uk/

Offical: UK Government eschews closed software and file formats: http://www.e-envoy.gov.uk/news/newonsite/oss-policy.htm

Please take our survey about how the arts can be delivered over the internet! http://cmt.gla.ac.uk/OD-Survey Tell your friends! Thanks! From the OpenDrama team.