Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 03:50:25 EEST

Steve,

> Could you add a 4096 bin mode? I've got some great burbling noises coming out
> at 2048, but I think the extra res. would make it even better.

Check out the latest CVS... I threw it in for you ;)
Memory usage is a bit higher (but not by much...).

> I did once manage to get FT disconnected from jack when changing bin sizes,
> but only once out of a few dozen changes, so it might be unrealted.

Yes, I believe there are some buffer overrun gremlins hiding in there that
really only come out at those big FFT sizes. I find that I lose too much
time-domain resolution at those sizes for anything with transients. It just
mushes right up.

jlc