Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 21:01:35 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:

>I recently acquired my first vintage amp -
>a '63 Gibson GA-30 RVT in very good shape.
>It's pretty versatile and doesn't sound quite like anything else
>I've played. I'd be happy to donate some impulses, with various
>mics / positions and amp settings, if somebody can tell me a good way
>to do it. How do you generate the impulse? (I've tried simply creating
>a sample with 1 frame at maximum followed by zeroes, but this seems
>not to make it through the D/A conversion - it comes out as dead
>silence.)

maybe widening the pulse will help. steve? i've yet to take one
myself, but if you come up with one you'll get an optimized plugin
for it for free if i can get it to converge (so you can tell me
whether you recognize the sound at all ;).

>I also have some very odd impulses lying around somewhere if
>I can find them - made by popping balloons in and around
>some 20' by 5' steel tanks that were in the basement of
>a converted industrial building I used to live in.

i'd love to have one of those. if nothing else, they'll provide
excellent study material for our intrepid voyagers into the
sonic unknown.

tim