RE: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 04:15:08 EEST

You're right, I need a coffee break :-). But before I do that...

> i think everyone appreciates food for thought, but (at least to me)
the
> wording of some of the opinions in this thread was rather suboptimal
and
> might easily provoke some strong rhetoric in defense.
> let's just all take a deep breath and stop the jack bashing.

No one is bashing jack and constructive criticism never hurt anyone.
Just because it's not shrink-wrapped with cherry and whipped cream on
top, it does not mean it's somehow geared towards bashing. If I had time
to talk with Paul in person, I am sure I'd choose a smoother way of
expressing my concerns. But on mailing lists, I don't have the time to
proofread and make every statement of mine a Shakespearen creation of
thousand words. (yet I am here ranting and ranting away... oh, well...)

> this thread has some ugly similarities to the "reborn" flamefest and
> that curious religious EULA of nasca's synthesizer: it's criticizing
> *people* for something we wouldn't even have if not for those very
same
> people.

I am thankful for Jack, but at the same time that does not mean there
should be no criticism. If you are referring to me criticizing Paul's
statements, then how do we dare criticize Linus Torvalds for letting OSS
happen? After all, he is the one who made Linux, without him Linux would
have never been. And since we use it, should we simply shut up and use
it with OSS? ;-)

Now, onto that coffee... Cheers!

Ico