Re: [linux-audio-dev] POSIX clocks now in linux 2.5

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] POSIX clocks now in linux 2.5
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 19:00:07 EET

>>From the 2.5.63 changelog:
>
> o POSIX clocks & timers
>
>Phat :)

Super-Callifragilistic-Expealido-phat-cious!!

finally, we can do real MIDI sequencing with Linux:

      while (1) {
         usleep (usecs_till_next_event);
         /* we're know its the right time,
            instead of being rounded to
            the default HZ
          */
         deliver_events ();
      }

actually, i think you need a different sleep()-alike to do this, but
the point remains the same.

i just hope that this change reflects the whole enchilada
(reprogramming the APIC) rather than just the POSIX clock API. is
there any sign of this?