Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Taxonomy

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Taxonomy
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 18:44:01 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:

> I recon that something like this is a good start, but feedback would really help:
>
> Utilities
>
> Generators
> Oscillators
>
> Delays
> Phasers + Allpass
> Flangers
> Chorus
>
> Reverbs
>
> Filters
> Lowpass
> Highpass
> Bandpass
> Combs
>
> EQs
> Parametric
> Multiband
>
> Pitch shifters
>
> Modulation
>
> Distortion
> Amp effects
> Waveshapers
>
> Dynamics
> Compressors
> Expanders
> Limiters
> Gates

Steve, what about time compression/expansion, the harmonics generator,
and the all-important karaoke plugin ?

Other than those instances your proposed taxonomy looks great. I think
I'm already following it in my Snd LADSPA support, it would be nice if
everyone follows the same plan.

> Feel free to suggest changes to make it easier to use. I can drop in the
> new taxonomy without changing any code. As soon as we decide on a new
> structure I will distribute a new .rdfs file then you can just copy it
> over the old one and try it out.

Cool, thanks for the work, Steve !

Best regards,

== dp

Currently listening to: Miles Davis, "Flamenco Sketches"