Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 23:24:46 EET

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:11:03 +0000, Tim Orford wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 02:16:24PM +0000, Director James wrote:
> > > there is an argument that once the project has launched, it is
> > > too late.
> >
> > Or before it has launched, too early? No one is twisting your arm to
> > support the project. [...]
>
> the problem for me is that it purports to represent linux pro audio
> in general, and as someone who sees his career and personal fulfillment
> reliant on this, i feel it is not something that i can completely ignore.

It doesnt AFAICT, looking at the website, it claims to be a
"not-for-profit consortium of companies and libre software projects using
Linux kernel based systems and other libre software for audio work, with
an emphasis on professional tools for the music, recording and broadcast
industries" - thats not what you said at all, and its true as far as I
know.

> > So there are good corporates and bad corporates? If so, can we make
> > the bad ones into good ones by working with them on an equitable
> > basis?
>
> yes, no.
> You cannot work with a corporation on an "equitable basis". You
> lick their asses till they hand over the money.

Thats an opinion.

- Steve