Re: [linux-audio-dev] 2nd LAD conference

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] 2nd LAD conference
From: james_AT_dis-dot-dat.net
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 10:41:09 EET

On Fri, 23 Jan, 2004 at 10:54AM +0100, Frank NEUMANN spake thus:

> Hi list,
> Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se> wrote:
>
> > > In addition to the "Call for Papers" there is also a "Call for Music".
> >
> > What kind of music: beer, free, dance or film at eleven?
>
> For this, please read http://on1.zkm.de/zkm/stories/storyReader$3685
>
> It's a mixture of 3 styles we're looking for:
>
> a) Stuff that demonstrates technical processes (like e.g. "creating
> strings/lead synths etc. with AMS" - including short explanations of "how
> it was done",
> b) "serious" music (which I have problems to define, sorry - I'm no music
> student myself :-),
> c) and "Chill-Out" or "Lounge" music at the end of the day, for relaxing after
> a long day of complicated presentations :-)

Would this (http://dis-dot-dat.net/creamcheese.mp3) do for b or c?
The call seems to want classical for category b, so probably c would
fit best.

If anyone else would like to have a listen, I'd appreciate that very
much. Comments, criticism, cheques are all gratefully accepted :)

All done in CheeseTracker and recorded (thanks to Jack) in ardour.

Considering I've been using Cubase for a few years (since I got really
annoyed with the limitations if Impulse Tracker and realised that
version 3 probably wouldn't be out for a while - in fact, it still
isn't) I wasn't expecting to get back into tracking so easily.

I heart trackers.

James