Re: [linux-audio-dev] TAP Scaling Limiter - how's it work?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] TAP Scaling Limiter - how's it work?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 02:55:57 EET

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:29:41AM +0100, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
> Yes you can. No, you can't actually, but you can eliminate the problem
> so you don't have to solve it. There is a ringbuffer, with a length
> chosen so it is capable of containing a whole half-cycle even at low
> frequencies (40 Hz is the limit in my implementation, which means
> varying number of samples at varying samplerates).

ok - what happens if the input is a 30 hz sine wave?
assume it's coming from a particularly evil keyboard player ;-)

(explanation snipped)

OK, I think I have just never really grokked ringbuffers before.
Thanks!

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's FLYING FJUKER KO! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)