Re: [linux-audio-dev] Some music made with Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Some music made with Linux
From: David Olofson (david_AT_olofson.net)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 20:44:48 EET

On Saturday 21 February 2004 07.37, RTaylor wrote:
[...]
> Apparently cube runs under wine... http://www.virsyn.de/
> You might take a look at their demo.

Haven't tried running the demo, but I listened to the demo mp3s. Quite
interesting stuff, but most of it sounds very synthetic, or rather
metallic, to my ears. The main reason for that is probably the comb
filter/vocoder artifact that's rather prominent most of the time.

I frankly don't like the sound much at all, but I have a feeling it's
mostly a matter of throwing more DSP power (and/or a smarter
algorithm) at the problem.

| Free/Open Source audio engine for games and multimedia. |