Re: [linux-audio-dev] Some help with my BPM algorithm?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Some help with my BPM algorithm?
From: Jay Dolan (jasonthomasdolan_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 18:45:54 EET

--- Simon Jenkins <sjenkins_AT_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Try this?
> (I haven't).
>
> Simon Jenkins
> (Bristol, UK)
>
> if(k == g_minBpm || diff < lowestDiffFound){
> bpm = k;
> lowestDiffFound = diff;
> }

Definitely closer! I'm embarassed to admit how long
I've looked at this code and didn't see that I was
initializing lowestDiffFound (was previousDiff) to 0,
doh!

It's now returning 120.0 (g_minBpm) for every file,
tho. So there's still a problem somewhere. Perhaps
in phaseShift? I've re-attached the improved version.
 Thank you for your help.

=====
Jay Dolan
Software Engineer, Systems Analyst