Re: [linux-audio-dev] Some help with my BPM algorithm?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Some help with my BPM algorithm?
From: Jay Dolan (jasonthomasdolan_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 18:54:41 EET

--- Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> You could use SRC to do the downsampling
> http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/
>
> I think therers also a wavelets function that can do
> correlation of audio
> more effeciently than a linear search, but I might
> have just dreampt it :)
>
> - Steve

Thanks, Steve. I ended up just averaging every n
samples to do the downsampling. This way allowed me
to use a default downsampling factor of 1/10, which
isn't bad.

The following file types are now supported: Mp3, Ogg,
Wav, and Raw. The program can also be piped to over
stdin, so long as the piped input is raw.

Requires sox and mpg123. You can grab it at
http://jaydolan.com by clicking on the "etc" page.
It's GPL'ed. Feedback/criticism is welcome. Thanks
for your help, guys :)

=====
Jay Dolan
Software Engineer, Systems Analyst