Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design
From: torbenh_AT_gmx.de
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 13:50:19 EEST

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 08:41:47PM -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 20:22, Paul Davis wrote:
> > >On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 07:18:57PM -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
>
> I see what you're saying, and don't get me wrong - I didn't mean to
> imply it's an easy thing to do. But it is however, possible. Just
> getting a standard mechanism for the host to call an executable
> somewhere that shows the plugins GUI (with communication via OSC or
> something like that) would work, and is doable.
>
> I'm just saying the "let's pick a toolkit!" debate isn't going to go
> anywhere at all, and there's no point in starting it (yet.. again..).
>
> You're right, it *isn't* simple - which is a good reason IMHO to try and
> make it as simple as possible and avoid all the nasty
> toolkit/event-loop/etc problems.
>
> Or maybe "we" should just pick a damn toolkit and be done with it; what
> the hell do I know? (absolutely zero sarcasm intended)

why dont we specify behaviour and a gfx format for control animations
and then implement the widgets for gtk and qt ?

you volounteered for qt.
i can do the gtk part.

anyone for fltk ?
i dont see a problem. there is knob code for every toolkit on
sourceforge. lets unify the gfx data have a widget for every toolkit.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language