Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 19:20:05 EEST

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 15:52, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
> Alfons Adriaensen:
> >On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 07:24:59PM +0200, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
> >>
> >> Tim Hockin:

> >> Yes! I completely agree with this.
> >
> >What exactly do you mean by Linux "needing" something ?
> >
> >And how are you going to impose that single GUI environment ?
> >Will you take me to court when I write a new window manager. or
> >a widget that doesn't have your 'imprimatur' ?
> >
> >If you want your freedom to program limited, please goto
> >Windoze or MAC. But please do no impose your limitations on
> >others.
>
> Ouch, never be sarcastic/ironic on e-mail. I completely agree with
> you. I though that was clear by my "Oh..." comment which you had
> cut away. The point was: _i_ actually want to customize everything
> via scheme-scripts (that is true), which Tim Hockin made (some kind of)
> a joke about. And by saying that I tried to express that what Tim Hockin
> perhaps means is ridiculous, does perfectly makes sense for
> other. We need to have choises/alternatives/anarchy/etc. because
> we are all different, etc.

Were not that different actually, we're human beings ;)

Besides, look at the CD vs. tons of DVD "standards" issue.
Having lots of opportunities in DVD burning world can make you perfectly
incompatible with your friends.

That's why CD still works.

And Kjetil - you're a perfect minority and actually being ignorant to
those who are the exact opposite. Freedom will stay on linux. It's
because it's open source.

Marek