Re: [linux-audio-dev] snd-hdsp oddities

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] snd-hdsp oddities
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 05:16:39 EEST

>I am using the latest 2.6.7 kernel (tried also 2.6.5) but with hdsp I cannot s
>elect anything lower than 1024x2 buffer settings in jackd without having massi
>ve xruns.

Give up on 2.6 for now. If you can't give up on it, then at least run
all (audio) apps with the environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL set to
2.4.19.

When the dust settles from the kernel and NPTL, 2.6 will be more
viable. Right now, even though it works for some people, its not a
generally viable platform for realtime audio.

--p