Re: [linux-audio-dev] softwerk moves on

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] softwerk moves on
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 14:19:33 EEST

>> correction to a minor build issue:
>>
>> http://linuxaudiosystems.com/softwerk/softwerk-2.0.1.tar.bz2
>
>Just out of curiousity, what gui library did you use for softwerk, and
>if you were to do it over again, would you still use the same one? I'm

i used gtk--, a C++ thin wrapper of GTK+. i would use it again.

>planning on looking through the code as a good way to learn the kind of
>programming I want to do, and I'd like to know what I should make sure I
>bone up on first.

i'm not sure its a particularly good example. two reasons: when i
wrote it, i knew a lot less about how to do this kind of thing than i
do now, and secondly, its a very specific design. it wouldn't be of
any relevance to many other kinds of midi programming.

>And it uses pthreads right?

a little bit.