Re: [linux-audio-dev] OSC for GUI-Engine communication

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OSC for GUI-Engine communication
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 20:53:25 EEST

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 13:00, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 12:35:01PM -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > If you've already implemented a system it might not be worth changing,
> > but writing OSC server/clients is _really_ easy if you use liblo (which
> > is what I've been doing for the last day or two).
>
> Good, I was aiming for an API which was as easy to use as possible, but
> no easier ;)
>
> - Steve

Well, in a couple of hours I've managed to create a completely
network-transparent remote controllable synth, so you succeeded in that
regard. Liblo is awesome, nice work.

Performance is my only concern now - have you done any latency
benchmarks? I've decided to use OSC exclusively for all communication
(including noteons) so latency is crucial. If you havn't I'd be glad to
knock out a simple benchmark (or two) and share my results.

-DR-