Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Maybe I'm going at this wrong...?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Maybe I'm going at this wrong...?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 11:02:32 EEST

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 11:53:48 -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> I've set all the /proc and /sys stuff I could find in the wiki (console
> output below). Still, I get xruns reported by my ecasound 8 analogueOsc
> thingy. Interestingly, though, they now only happen when I start the
> second ecasound process to record from the jack outputs of the first.
> I'll double check that with previous kernel versions when I get a
> chance, but I'm fairly sure this is new and an improvement.

jackd does not guarantee that you wont get XRUNs when you start jack apps,
it does some non-realtime things when you connect or disconnect apps.

> Subjectively, the sound of the analogueOscs is smoother and the zipper
> noise from controller movements seems much less, but still the first
> ecasound reports xruns when it exits.

Can you keep pestering me about that zipper noise bug? It wont take me
long to fix, I just need to remember it needs doing when I have free
time.

I really need to set up some kind of bugtracking thing for swh-plugins,
but its not that easy, because of the hundreds of small lumps of code, and
installing and hacking something it will cut into valuable bugfixing time
:-/ I was hoping to use some kind of modular wiki, so I can embedd a wiki
block in some online docs, with some way to indicate bugs, but the only
really modular one I've come across was written in JSP :(

- Steve