Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer
From: Esben Stien (executiv_AT_online.no)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 18:56:03 EET

Alfons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen_AT_alcatel.be> writes:

> For the same reasons, there would be no need to upgrade your Linux
> version, and you don't need driver updates. The current closed-source
> driver will still work in 5 years.

Now, you're twisting everything to fit a twisted view. Software is
changed much more often than hardware. I'm using linux-2.6.9 with
glibc-2.3.4-20040828 on a p3-600 with 384Mio RAM. It's my main
computer. I also got linux-2.6.9 on my 5 other computers (down to
300MHz).

I'm not buying a new computer before I can buy a GPU that is supported
with libre software drivers. (unless I get my friends old computers).

--
Esben Stien is b0ef_AT_esben-stien.name
http://www.esben-stien.name