Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 22:29:48 EET

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 17:42, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 02:35 +0100, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> > I'd give it one more chance and post a 'rme - take action' letter to lad
> > and lau which would encourage people to go to the rme forum, tell them
> > that their using their hw, what kind of hw they have purchased and that
> > they would continue to do so in the future. But i fear that a lot of
> > people would just ignore it, thinking to themselves 'my vote doesn't
> > count, they will ignore it anyway, it's a waste of time, there's just 5
> > of us' or similar. I might be wrong. If somebody wants to encourage me
> > in doing this i'd be glad to do it. I'd also encourage to write polite
> > letters if that's what suits the majority here ;)
>
> Do it. We hardly have any right to complain if we don't even express
> distaste with their newfound fascist strategy. It's much easier to send
> a letter (or post on the forum or whatever) if there's some sort of easy
> template to go by.
>
> And since you volunteered... :)

Ok :)

A few questions before i proceed. I think i should mention where to
reach their forum and what sw is available to conveniently reach it(i
use pan, does anybody recommend something else?)

About the subject: not sure whether to use all uppercase or not.
I'd use uppercase in order to make people more aware but not sure
anyway.

The subject would be "TAKE ACTION - RME customers please read" or
something like that.

The rule would be to agree on the subject under which the thread would
run on their forum, something like "Linux, ALSA, RME support". Everybody
would find this thread and post:
1. his/her RME hardware
2. if (s)he's not a customer yet and considering, mentioning that
(s)he's doing so
3. whether he/she was satisfied with their hw and ALSA support or not

comments?

Marek