Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still on usx2y

From: Antonio \ <behappy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 08:15:53 EET

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> Both modes are perfectly legal but, with this later one, you can run on
> much lower latency settings (e.g. -p64 -n2) without crackling your ears :)

i recollected ideas once again and i've found all the errors i did,
excuse me because you have explained to me many and many times and i've
never understood, basically i tougth that nrpacks was optional for
lowlatency, and frankly for now i want only to use this card, i'll see
for lowlatency after i have a constant sound out of this, even with
100ms latency; then, i found (you were right) a couple of files from
preivous compiling of jack, i removed, recompiled and it gone ok, then i
missed that you merged the jack usx2y driver with alsa's one, so i
retried to recompile everything, new alsa (1.0.8), new jack (0.99.48)
and i've been able to run jack, the card is recognized, but still it
have troubles..

Zeryn:/home/willy/Pacchi/jack-0.99.48-cvs20040122# jackd -dalsa -dhw:0,2
-r44100 -p64 -n2 -S
jackd 0.99.48
[...]
apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw:0,2|hw:0,2|64|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|16bit
control device hw:0
ALSA/USX2Y: EXPERIMENTAL hwdep pcm device hw:0,2 (aka "rawusb")
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 64 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw:0,2 for 16bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0,2 for 24bit samples trying 32bit instead
Sorry. The audio interface "hw:0,2" doesn't support any of the hardware
sample formats that JACK's alsa-driver can use.
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel

i've tried with plug layer (-d plughw:0,2) and it worked, i get some
xruns, but the audio is a loud continous noise.

> Be advised however, that you get far better results if you're running
> jackd in realtime mode (-R) *and* under the help of a RT capable kernel,
> like 2.6.10-mm1 with Ingo's V0.7.34-01 realtime-preempt patch.

unfortunately i cant compile realtime preempt patches, i've tried almost
any version but they seems to be linux/x86 only. i keep searching some
kind of lowlatency patches that i can apply succesfully

> If you really want to work on your us122, seriously, I guess there's no
> better way to get around it. IMHO.

unfortunately i know

> Bye now.
bye, and excuse me

wil

---
Il jazz e' lasciare che la luce brilli, lasciarla essere.
		-- Keith Jarrett