Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards...

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 10:38:16 EET

On Thu, 27 Jan, 2005 at 04:07PM -0600, Jan Depner spake thus:
> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 15:00, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>
> > The audiophile, like all ice1712 cards, is very well supported by alsa.
> > The delta series (44, 66, 1010, 1010lt) all use this same chipset and
> > driver, as do several good cards by some other manufacturers.
> > envy24control is a great mixer app included in the alsa-tools
> > specifically for use with these cards. Many linux users are happy with
> > their flavor of ice1712, myself included.
> >
> Yup, me too. At the price the 1010LT is selling for these days you
> ought to look into that. Do some serious multitracking ;-)

I've been thinking about that. At the moment it wouldn't do me any
good, but I'm tempted. Then I'd have to buy a mixer, too. And then
I'd want some hardware effects and since I had a mixer, I'd want a few
synths and before you know it, I'd be buying a Mac.

> Jan

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)